Warsaw in Kosciusko County, Indiana — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
Kosciusko County Civil War Memorial
Dedicated Oct. 1897
These guns during the War of the Rebellion, commanded the defenses at Port Royal N.C.
Erected 1897 by G.A.R. Posts 114 and 442.
Location. 41° 14.296′ N, 85° 51.412′ W. Marker is in Warsaw, Indiana, in Kosciusko County. Marker is at the intersection of Center Street and Buffalo Street, on the right when traveling west on Center Street. Touch for map. Monument is on southeast grounds of county courthouse. Marker is in this post office area: Warsaw IN 46580, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 3 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Kosciusko County War Memorial (within shouting distance of this marker); General Tadeusz "Thaddeus" Kosciuszko (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); M3A3 Stuart Tank (about 300 feet away); Indiana’s Glacier Lakes (about 400 feet away); Kosciusko County Jail (about 800 feet away); Site of Cowen Grove Seminary The Lincoln Highway (approx. 0.4 miles away); a different marker also named The Lincoln Highway (approx. 2.9 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Warsaw.
Categories. • Fraternal or Sororal Organizations • War, US Civil •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on February 19, 2009, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 1,730 times since then and 31 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. submitted on February 19, 2009, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. 6. submitted on June 7, 2012, by Al Wolf of Veedersburg, Indiana. 7. submitted on February 19, 2009, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page.