Lineville in Clay County, Alabama — The American South (East South Central)
Lineville Alabama Monument
This historic site marks the first
settlement known as "Lundie's
Crossroads" settled in 1838. The name
changed to "County Line" in 1856. Clay
County was formed on this line from
Randolph and Talladega Counties in
1866. The town was named Lineville on
Feb. 3, 1870 and incorporated Dec. 14,
This historic marker was erected
on the 100th year celebration 1998.
Erected 1998 by City of Lineville.
Location. 33° 18.628′ N, 85° 45.271′ W. Marker is in Lineville, Alabama, in Clay County. Marker is at the intersection of Mellow Valley Street (Alabama Route 49) and Main Street (Alabama Route 9), on the right when traveling south on Mellow Valley Street. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 88801 AL-9, Lineville AL 36266, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 7 other markers are within 18 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. John Richmond McCain (approx. 0.2 miles away); First Baptist Church of Ashland (approx. 4.9 miles away); Clay County / Clay County Courthouse (approx. 5.3 miles away); Ashland, Alabama (approx. 5.3 Clay County Veterans Memorial (approx. 5.3 miles away); Clay County and the Creek Indian War of 1813-14 / Clay County and the Creek Indian Confederacy (approx. 5.3 miles away); Louina (approx. 17˝ miles away).
Also see . . . A Brief Historical Sketch of Lineville, Alabama (.pdf). (Submitted on June 9, 2016, by Mark Hilton of Montgomery, Alabama.)
Categories. • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on June 9, 2016, by Mark Hilton of Montgomery, Alabama. This page has been viewed 285 times since then and 52 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on June 9, 2016, by Mark Hilton of Montgomery, Alabama.