Mountain View in Santa Clara County, California — The American West (Pacific Coastal)
Mariano Castro Adobe
Mariano Castro Adobe,
built in 1840 on Rancho Pastorķa de las Borregas, a Mexican land grant.
Erected by Mountain View Pioneer and Historical Association.
Location. 37° 24.225′ N, 122° 5.837′ W. Marker is in Mountain View, California, in Santa Clara County. Marker is at the intersection of North Rengstorff Avenue and Central Expressway, on the right when traveling south on North Rengstorff Avenue. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 110 North Rengstorff Avenue, Mountain View CA 94043, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 2 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. The Mountain View Train Depot (approx. 1.2 miles away); First Commercially Practicable Integrated Circuit (approx. 1.3 miles away); Semiconductor Planar Process and Integrated Circuit, 1959 (approx. 1.3 miles away); Shakey: The World's First Mobile Intelligent Robot, 1972 (approx. 1.3 miles away); Computer History Museum (approx. 1.3 miles away); El Palo Nuevo (approx. 1½ miles away); Mayfield Fire Bell (approx. 1.6 miles away); Juana Briones. This is her park. (approx. 1.7 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Mountain View.
Also see . . . Rancho Pastoria de las Borregas. In 1849, Mariano Castro sold half the rancho to Martin Murphy, Jr., (1807-1884), the son of Martin Murphy Sr., who brought his family to California with the Stephens-Townsend-Murphy Party in 1844. (Submitted on December 1, 2016, by Barry Swackhamer of San Jose, California.)
Categories. • Hispanic Americans •
Credits. This page was last revised on December 1, 2016. This page originally submitted on December 1, 2016, by Barry Swackhamer of San Jose, California. This page has been viewed 265 times since then and 80 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on December 1, 2016, by Barry Swackhamer of San Jose, California.