Klamath Falls in Klamath County, Oregon — The American West (Northwest)
Erected 1930 by Eulalona Chapter Daughters of the American Revolution.
Location. 42° 23.174′ N, 122° 0.978′ W. Marker is in Klamath Falls, Oregon, in Klamath County. Marker is on Highway 140, on the left when traveling west. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Klamath Falls OR 97601, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 4 other markers are within 15 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. UMC Indian Mission (approx. 10.3 miles away); Klamath County's First White Settler (approx. 12.4 miles away); Crystal Recreation Area (approx. 13.6 miles away); Oregon History - Upper Klamath Lake (approx. 14.8 miles away).
More about this marker. The marker was originally dedicated in 1930 by the Eulalona Chapter of the Daughter's of the American Revolution at a different location and then replaced here and re-dedicated in 1955. Within the past few years, there's been a small plaque added next to the original marker noting the re-dedication by the DAR in 1955.
Regarding Denny Creek.
Also see . . . Denny Creek Dedication. Click on the old picture on the Denny Creek marker section of the page to see an enlarged picture of the original 1930 plaque dedication. (Submitted on December 6, 2016, by Douglass Halvorsen of Klamath Falls, Oregon.)
Categories. • Notable Events •
Credits. This page was last revised on December 9, 2016. This page originally submitted on December 6, 2016, by Douglass Halvorsen of Klamath Falls, Oregon. This page has been viewed 215 times since then and 46 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on December 6, 2016, by Douglass Halvorsen of Klamath Falls, Oregon. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.