Near Wellington in Collingsworth County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
Rocking Chair “Ranche”
W.E. Hughes in 1893 bought the land and added it to Mill Iron Ranch. Later the 235 sections were sold to others, to convert to farms and smaller ranches.
Erected 1970 by State Historical Survey Committee. (Marker Number 4324.)
Location. 34° 57.565′ N, 100° 13.33′ W. Marker is near Wellington, Texas, in Collingsworth County. Marker can be reached from U.S. 83, on the left when traveling north. Touch for map. From Wellington, take U.S. 83 north about 8 miles to park on north side of Red River; marker located just inside entrance to park. Marker is in this post office area: Wellington TX 79095, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 8 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Quanah Parker Trail (a few steps from this marker); The Red River Plunge of Bonnie and Clyde Site of Lutie School (approx. 4.4 miles away); Collingsworth County (approx. 4.7 miles away); First Methodist Church of Wellington (approx. 7.2 miles away); Methodism in Collingsworth County (approx. 7.2 miles away); O'Neil Building (approx. 7.2 miles away); Collingsworth County Hospital (approx. 7.7 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Wellington.
Categories. • Animals •
Credits. This page was last revised on December 7, 2016. This page originally submitted on December 7, 2016, by Bill Kirchner of Tucson, Arizona. This page has been viewed 203 times since then and 37 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on December 7, 2016, by Bill Kirchner of Tucson, Arizona.