Santiago de Querétaro in Municipality of Querétaro, Querétaro, Mexico — The Central Highlands
Church of the Monastery of Santa Clara de Jesus
Destaca su delgada torre de tres cuerpos, con frisos y azulejos, y la cúpula equilibrada y sencilla. En el interior luce maravillosos retablos barrocos laterales, los más exuberantes de la época, realizados entre 1770 y 1780 por Luis Ramos Franco, Pedro de Rojas y Francisco Martínez Gudiño. Desde 1921 es sede de la Parroquia del Sagrado Corazón.
Outstanding are the slender tower, of three parts with indigo friezes and the balanced and simple dome. In the interior there are the lateral baroque altarpieces, the most ornate of the period, created between 1770 and 1780 by Luis Ramos Franco, Pedro de Rojas y Francisco Martinez Gudiño. Since 1921 it has been the site of the
Location. 20° 35.512′ N, 100° 23.65′ W. Marker is in Santiago de Querétaro, Querétaro, in Municipality of Querétaro. Marker is on Calle Francisco I. Madero just east of Calle Vicente Guerrero, on the left when traveling east. Touch for map.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Temple of the Ex-Convent of Santa Clara de Jesus (a few steps from this marker); Vicente Guerrero Garden (within shouting distance of this marker); The House of the Marquesa (within shouting distance of this marker); Vicente Guerrero (about 90 meters away, measured in a direct line); Captain Julian Diaz House (about 90 meters away); Temple and former Convent of San Agustín (about 120 meters away); Alley of Matamoros (about 150 meters away); Last Prison of Maximilian (about 180 meters away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Santiago de Querétaro.
Categories. • Charity & Public Work • Churches & Religion • Colonial Era • Man-Made Features •
Credits. This page was last revised on December 7, 2016. This page originally submitted on December 7, 2016, by J. Makali Bruton of Querétaro, Mexico. This page has been viewed 133 times since then and 11 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on December 7, 2016, by J. Makali Bruton of Querétaro, Mexico.