McLean in Gray County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
First Phillips 66 Station
in the State of Texas
on Old Route 66
Build and Leased
To Phillips in 1929
Marker series. This marker is included in the U.S. Route 66 marker series.
Location. 35° 13.96′ N, 100° 36.124′ W. Marker is in McLean, Texas, in Gray County. Marker is at the intersection of First Street and Gray Street, on the left when traveling west on First Street. Touch for map. Marker is on the southeast corner. Marker is in this post office area: McLean TX 79057, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 4 other markers are within 11 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. McLean Methodist Church (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); World War II Prisoner of War Camp at McLean (approx. 3.6 miles away); 66 Super Service Station (approx. 7.6 miles away); Old Pakan School (approx. 10.3 miles away).
Categories. • Industry & Commerce • Roads & Vehicles •
Credits. This page was last revised on December 10, 2016. This page originally submitted on December 10, 2016, by Bill Kirchner of Tucson, Arizona. This page has been viewed 154 times since then and 25 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on December 10, 2016, by Bill Kirchner of Tucson, Arizona.