Tequisquiapan in Municipality of Tequisquiapan, Querétaro, Mexico — The Central Highlands
First Public Education in Tequisquiapan
En el año de 1820, D. José Manuel Lopez cedió a la Instrucción el terreno que ocupa este edificio, y en 1821 el Sr. Cura D. L. Nicolás Conejares, de acuerdo con el Y. Ayuntamiento, reglamentó é inauguró este plantel.
La juventud de 1910 y sus profesores les dedican este recuerdo de gratitud.
In 1820, José Manuel López ceded to the Instruction the land that this building occupies, and in 1821 Father Nicolás Conejares, in agreement with the City Council, organized and inaugurated this campus.
The youth of 1910 and their teachers dedicate this memory of gratitude.
Erected 1910 by La juventud de 1910 y sus profesores.
Location. 20° 31.326′ N, 99° 53.535′ W. Marker is in Tequisquiapan, Querétaro, in Municipality of Tequisquiapan. Marker is at the intersection of Calle Niños Héroes and Calle Morelos Norte, on the left when traveling west on Calle Niños Héroes. Touch for map. The building is outside of the Tequisquiapan Post Office (Edificio de Correos).
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 19 kilometers of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Miguel Hidalgo y Costilla (about 90 meters away, measured in a direct line); The Geographical Center of Mexico (about 180 meters Salvador Michaus Marroquín (about 180 meters away); La Trinidad Natural Protected Area (approx. 7.5 kilometers away); Miguel Hidalgo y C. (approx. 16 kilometers away); Ezequiel Montes (approx. 16 kilometers away); The Parish of Divine Providence (approx. 16.1 kilometers away); To the Founders of San Juan del Río (approx. 18.4 kilometers away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Tequisquiapan.
Categories. • Education •
Credits. This page was last revised on December 10, 2016. This page originally submitted on December 10, 2016, by J. Makali Bruton of Querétaro, Mexico. This page has been viewed 134 times since then and 10 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on December 10, 2016, by J. Makali Bruton of Querétaro, Mexico.