Claude in Armstrong County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
Park Named for William A. Carroll, M.D.
(April 13, 1875-April 22, 1960)
A staunch Democrat; a Mason and a Shriner; charter member, Claude Lions Club; director, First State Bank of Claude; president, Potter County Medical Association, he was honored, 1950, when city of Claude named this park for him.
Dr. and Mrs. Carroll had four children: Kirk, Ralph, Perry, and Roberta. The son Ralph became a physician in Amarillo.
Erected 1973 by Texas Historical Commission. (Marker Number 5816.)
Location. 35° 6.359′ N, 101° 21.683′ W. Marker is in Claude, Texas, in Armstrong County. Marker is on Trice Street south of 5th Street, on the left when traveling south. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Claude TX 79019, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. First Baptist Church of Claude (approx. 0.2 miles away); The Great Panhandle Indian Scare of 1891 (approx. 0.3 miles away); Boy Scout Troop No. 17 (approx. 0.3 miles away); Route of Coronado Expedition Charles Howard Roan (approx. 0.3 miles away); Dr. and Mrs. Wm. A. Warner (approx. 0.3 miles away); Town of Claude (approx. 0.3 miles away); Armstrong County (approx. 0.3 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Claude.
Categories. • Notable Persons •
Credits. This page was last revised on December 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on December 16, 2016, by Bill Kirchner of Tucson, Arizona. This page has been viewed 299 times since then and 18 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on December 16, 2016, by Bill Kirchner of Tucson, Arizona.