Guanajuato in Municipality of Guanajuato, Mexico — The Central Highlands
The Temple of Bethlehem
Principio este templo: 1717.
Se concluye: 1775.
Ereccion canonica a parroquia,
el 21 de noviembre de 1975.
Por el Excmo. y Revmo.
Sr. Dr. D. Anzelmo Zarza y Bernal,
Obispo de Leon.
Jose Barajas Flores.
Construction began on this temple in 1717 and was concluded in 1775.
It became a parish on November 21, 1975.
By the most excellent and reverend
Anzelmo Zarza y Bernal, Bishop of León
The first parish priest was José Barajas Flores
Location. 21° 1.074′ N, 101° 15.456′ W. Marker is in Guanajuato, Guanajuato, in Municipality of Guanajuato. Marker is on Calle Benito Juárez just east of Cuesta de Mendizábal, on the right when traveling west. Touch for map. The temple and marker are directly across the street (north) of the Hidalgo Market (Mercado Hidalgo). Marker is in this post office area: Guanajuato 36000, Mexico.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. The Bethlehemite Convent in Guanajuato (a few steps from this marker); The Hidalgo Market (within shouting distance of this marker); José Martí in Mexico The Cemetery of the Convent of the Temple of Bethlehem (about 90 meters away, measured in a direct line); Temple and Plaza San Roque (about 120 meters away); Enrique Ruelas Espinosa (about 120 meters away); The Burning of the Alhóndiga de Granaditas (about 120 meters away); Casimiro Chowell J. (about 120 meters away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Guanajuato.
Categories. • Churches & Religion •
Credits. This page was last revised on December 19, 2016. This page originally submitted on December 19, 2016, by J. Makali Bruton of Querétaro, Mexico. This page has been viewed 178 times since then and 5 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on December 19, 2016, by J. Makali Bruton of Querétaro, Mexico.