Lunatic House 1885
In 1885, building of the new lunatic house began. The structure was to be made of brick and having two stories, 26 x 40 feet. The lower floor was to be divided into cells, while the upper floor was to be used as a hospital.
By January 7, 1886, the building was finished. It consisted of cells, hospital rooms, a bathroom, and a room for the attendants. Eight patients were moved in. The heat was supplied from the main building. Cost of construction was $1700.00
Location. 41° 21.03′ N, 83° 36.961′ W. Marker is in Bowling Green, Ohio, in Wood County. Marker can be reached from the intersection of County Home Road. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 13660 County Home Rd,, Bowling Green OH 43402, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 9 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Wood County Infirmary (within shouting distance of this marker); The Main Street Historic District
Categories. • Charity & Public Work • Science & Medicine •
Credits. This page was last revised on January 9, 2017. This page originally submitted on January 6, 2017, by Michael Baker of Lima, Ohio. This page has been viewed 221 times since then and 24 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on January 6, 2017, by Michael Baker of Lima, Ohio. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.