Davenport in Santa Cruz County, California — The American West (Pacific Coastal)
It once held two boys from San Mateo while they thought about their horse-stealing lark and occasionally provided accommodations for the local inebriate.
After the new Front Street Jail opened in Santa Cruz in 1936, the tiny Davenport facility fell into disuse. Today, the building houses exhibits about the history of Davenport and the North coast region.
Erected 2014 by El Viceroy Marques de Branciforte E Clampus Vitus Chapter 1797.
Marker series. This marker is included in the E Clampus Vitus marker series.
Location. 37° 0.685′ N, 122° 11.658′ W. Marker is in Davenport, California, in Santa Cruz County. Marker is on Center Street east of Cabrillo Highway (California Highway 1), on the left when traveling east. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 1914 Center Street, Davenport CA 95017, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 8 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Site of the Historic Foresters Hall (within shouting distance of this marker); St. Vincent de Paul Catholic Church Washout 1997 to 2001 (approx. 3.9 miles away); Swanton Pacific Ranch (approx. 4 miles away); Swanton (approx. 4.3 miles away); Big Creek Light and Power Company (approx. 4.6 miles away); Historic Lime Kilns (approx. 6.3 miles away); The Cremer House (approx. 7.3 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Davenport.
Categories. • Notable Buildings •
Credits. This page was last revised on January 18, 2017. This page originally submitted on January 17, 2017, by Frank Gunshow Sanchez of Hollister, California. This page has been viewed 201 times since then. Photos: 1. submitted on January 17, 2017, by Frank Gunshow Sanchez of Hollister, California. 2. submitted on January 18, 2017, by Frank Gunshow Sanchez of Hollister, California. 3. submitted on January 18, 2017. • Syd Whittle was the editor who published this page.