Manor in Travis County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
City of Manor
In 1871 James Manor donated right of way for the Houston & Texas Central Railroad. The town founded and named for him in 1872 was incorporated in 1913.
Cotton, king here for years, has been supplanted by cattle raising as base for the local economy.
Location. 30° 20.582′ N, 97° 33.412′ W. Marker is in Manor, Texas, in Travis County. Touch for map. Marker may have been moved from original location. It is currently on the property of the new City Hall, 105 E Eggleston St, Manor, TX 78653. Marker is at or near this postal address: 105 E Eggleston St, Manor, TX 78653, Manor TX 78653, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 6 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Bloor House (approx. ¼ mile away); Clayton Vocational Institute (approx. 0.4 miles away); Decker Swedish Evangelical Free Church and Cemetery (approx. 2.9 miles away); Decker United Methodist Church and Community (approx. 4.2 miles away); Lockwood Cemetery (approx. 5.3 miles away); Barr Mansion (approx. 5.4 miles away); St. John Church (approx. 5.7 miles away); Kimbro (approx. 6 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Manor.
Categories. • Native Americans • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page was last revised on February 25, 2017. This page originally submitted on December 21, 2009, by Keith Peterson of Cedar Park, Texas. This page has been viewed 705 times since then and 115 times this year. Last updated on February 24, 2017, by Richard Denney of Austin, Texas. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on December 21, 2009, by Keith Peterson of Cedar Park, Texas. 3, 4, 5. submitted on February 24, 2017, by Richard Denney of Austin, Texas. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.