Near Albany in Shackelford County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
Fort Griﬃn Lodge Hall
School, held here until 1937, was consolidated with Albany in 1942. Structure is still used by clubs and for church services.
Erected 1973 by Texas State Historical Survey Committee. (Marker Number 1988.)
Location. 32° 56.032′ N, 99° 13.826′ W. Marker is near Albany, Texas, in Shackelford County. Marker can be reached from County Road 184 0.1 miles west of Route 188, on the left when traveling west. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Albany TX 76430, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Fort Griffin Civil Jail (about 500 feet away, measured in a direct line); The Western Cattle Trail Crossings at Fort Griffin (about Frontier Town of Fort Griffin (about 700 feet away); Fort Griffin (approx. half a mile away); Russell Young Gilbert (approx. 0.6 miles away); Civilian Conservation Corps at Fort Griffin (approx. 0.8 miles away); Family Forts, C.S.A. (approx. 0.9 miles away); Black Cemetery (approx. 0.9 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Albany.
Categories. • Education • Fraternal or Sororal Organizations • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page was last revised on February 26, 2017. This page originally submitted on February 26, 2017, by Duane Hall of Abilene, Texas. This page has been viewed 99 times since then. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on February 26, 2017, by Duane Hall of Abilene, Texas.