Shippensburg in Cumberland County, Pennsylvania — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
This Tablet Marks the Site of Fort Morris
Erected 1921 by Pennsylvania Historical Commission and the Civic Club of Shippensburg.
Location. 40° 2.877′ N, 77° 31.599′ W. Marker is in Shippensburg, Pennsylvania, in Cumberland County. Marker is on West King Street (Route 11) near Morris Street. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Shippensburg PA 17257, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 5 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Braddock Expedition (here, next to this marker); Galen J. Karper (about 500 feet away, measured in a direct line); William C. Ashwell (approx. 0.2 miles away); Mc Lean House (approx. 0.2 miles away); Residence of George H. Stewart, Sr. (approx. 0.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Shippensburg.
Also see . . . Finding Fort Morris. by Paul Marr, Department of Geography and Earth Science, Shippensburg University. Published in 2004 in the Middle States Geographer. (Submitted on May 16, 2007.)
Categories. • Colonial Era • Forts, Castles • War, French and Indian •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on May 16, 2007, by Peter Linehan of Shippensburg, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 1,827 times since then and 28 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on May 16, 2007, by Peter Linehan of Shippensburg, Pennsylvania. • J. J. Prats was the editor who published this page.