Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Frankston in Anderson County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
 

Frankston Railroad Depot

 
 
Frankston Railroad Depot Marker image. Click for full size.
By Gregory Walker, March 11, 2017
1. Frankston Railroad Depot Marker
Inscription. In 1900 the Texas & New Orleans Railroad, now part of the Southern Pacific line, platted the town of Frankston. The station was first called Frankport and the post office Ayres. Both were renamed Frankston in 1902 for Miss Frankie Miller, who gave land for a city park. In 1906 this frame depot was built. The railroad connected local farmers with distant markets and provided passenger service from 1903 to 1964. The depot was restored in 1976 as a museum.
Recorded Texas Historic Landmark - 1977

 
Erected 1977 by Texas Historical Commission. (Marker Number 8756.)
 
Location. 32° 2.978′ N, 95° 30.393′ W. Marker is in Frankston, Texas, in Anderson County. Marker is at the intersection of South Elm Street (State Highway 155) and South Miller Street, on the right when traveling south on South Elm Street. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 159 W Railroad St, Frankston TX 75763, United States of America.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 6 other markers are within 13 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Site of the Kickapoo Battlefield (approx. 2.1 miles away); Cuney (approx. 5.4 miles away); Dewberry Plantation House
Frankston Railroad Depot image. Click for full size.
By Gregory Walker, March 11, 2017
2. Frankston Railroad Depot
(approx. 9.6 miles away); Camp of the Army of the Republic of Texas (approx. 9.6 miles away); Old Neches Saline Road (approx. 12 miles away); Bullard Water Well (approx. 12 miles away).
 
Also see . . .  Frankston Depot Library. (Submitted on March 17, 2017.)
 
Categories. Railroads & Streetcars
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on March 17, 2017. This page originally submitted on March 17, 2017, by Gregory Walker of La Grange, Texas. This page has been viewed 114 times since then. Photos:   1, 2. submitted on March 17, 2017, by Gregory Walker of La Grange, Texas. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.
Paid Advertisement