Gulfport in Harrison County, Mississippi — The American South (East South Central)
Old Gulfport High School
Erected 2014 by Mississippi Department of Archives and History.
Marker series. This marker is included in the Mississippi State Historical Marker Program marker series.
Location. 30° 22.169′ N, 89° 5.201′ W. Marker is in Gulfport, Mississippi, in Harrison County. Marker is at the intersection of 15th Street and 20th Avenue, on the right when traveling west on 15th Street. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 2010 15th Street, Gulfport MS 39501, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 3 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Kellier-Sternberg House (approx. 0.3 miles away); Harrison County Confederate Monument (approx. 0.3 miles away); 1863 East Pascagoula Raid Ship Island (approx. 0.4 miles away); The Magnolia Route (approx. 0.4 miles away); Gulfport Civil Rights Wade-In (approx. 1.1 miles away); Dr. Felix Henry Dunn (approx. 1.3 miles away); Gulfport Boogie (approx. 2.4 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Gulfport.
Also see . . .
1. Wikipedia article on the Old Gulfport High School. (Submitted on March 23, 2017, by Mark Hilton of Montgomery, Alabama.)
2. GSA announcement of marker dedication. (Submitted on March 23, 2017, by Mark Hilton of Montgomery, Alabama.)
Categories. • Education • Government • Notable Buildings •
Credits. This page was last revised on March 23, 2017. This page originally submitted on March 23, 2017, by Mark Hilton of Montgomery, Alabama. This page has been viewed 106 times since then and 33 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on March 23, 2017, by Mark Hilton of Montgomery, Alabama.