Henry Albertson Subdivision Historic District
The Henry Albertson Subdivision Historic District includes 71 houses built between 1884 and circa 1940. The district boundaries correspond to the residential subdivision of Henry Albertson's (1834-1895) 24-acre estate during Lansdowne's early evolution as a commuter suburb in the late-nineteenth century. The National Park Service entered the district in The National Register of Historic Places in 1998 as a significant concentration of well-preserved houses exemplifying late-nineteenth and early-twentieth century architectural styles, such as Queen Anne, Colonial Revival and Tudor Revival.
Erected by the Residents of the District and the Greater Lansdowne Civic Association.
Location. 39° 56.627′ N, 75° 16.44′ W. Marker is in Lansdowne, Pennsylvania, in Delaware County. Marker is at the intersection of Lansdowne Avenue and Greenwood Avenue, on the right when traveling north on Lansdowne Avenue. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Lansdowne PA 19050, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 2 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Lansdowne World War Monument (approx. 0.2 miles away); Thomas Garrett (approx. one mile away); Sellers Hall
Also see . . . Henry Albertson Subdivision Historic District National Register Registration Form. (Submitted on April 12, 2017, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.)
Categories. • Notable Buildings •
Credits. This page was last revised on April 12, 2017. This page originally submitted on April 12, 2017, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 51 times since then. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on April 12, 2017, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.