Atlanta in Fulton County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
A counter assault by Lightburn & Martin, together with Mannyís 16th A.C. brigade (brought up from the battlefield area S. of the R.R.), recovered the Federal line & the DeGress battery which Manigaultís men had seized but had not be able to remove.
Erected 1956 by Georgia Historical Commission. (Marker Number 060-93.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Georgia Historical Society/Commission marker series.
Location. 33° 45.509′ N, 84° 21.118′ W. Marker is in Atlanta, Georgia, in Fulton County. Marker is at the intersection of DeKalb Avenue and DeGress Avenue, on the right when traveling west on DeKalb Avenue. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Atlanta GA 30307, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. The Railroad Cut (within shouting distance of this marker); The 15th Corps Sector The Troup Hurt House (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Site: The Pope House (about 400 feet away); The DeGress Battery (about 800 feet away); Federal Signal Station (approx. 0.2 miles away); Brig. Gen. A. M. Manigaultís Brigade (approx. 0.3 miles away); Springvale Park (approx. 0.3 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Atlanta.
Categories. • War, US Civil •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on August 15, 2008, by Felch Dumas of Decatur, Georgia. This page has been viewed 1,171 times since then and 64 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on August 15, 2008, by Felch Dumas of Decatur, Georgia. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page.