Junction in Kimble County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
Colonel John Griﬃth
Settled at Buffalo Gap, helped to organize Taylor County, 1878 moved to Kimble County, 1881. Had much property, great influence.
An example of those leaders who came to Texas after War to get a new start and to become outstanding citizens. (1965)
Erected 1965 by Texas Historical Commission.
Location. 30° 29.348′ N, 99° 45.967′ W. Marker is in Junction, Texas, in Kimble County. Marker is at the intersection of Main Street and N. 6th Street, on the right when traveling east on Main Street. Touch for map. Located in front of Kimble County Court House. Marker is at or near this postal address: 501 Main Street, Junction TX 76849, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Coke R. Stevenson (here, next to this marker); Kimble County Veterans Memorial (here, next to this marker); John Sterling Durst Burt M. Fleming Memorial (a few steps from this marker); Major William Addison Spencer (a few steps from this marker); Fight of Sheriff’s Posse with Cattle Rustlers (within shouting distance of this marker); Kimble County (within shouting distance of this marker); Kimble County Courthouse (within shouting distance of this marker). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Junction.
Categories. • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page was last revised on April 15, 2017. This page originally submitted on April 15, 2017, by Michael Herrick of Southbury, Connecticut. This page has been viewed 88 times since then. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on April 15, 2017, by Michael Herrick of Southbury, Connecticut.