Following the War of 1812, Johnson sold the brewery. It remained Claggett’s until it was sold in 1868 to the Daniels family and operated as a brewery until 1879.
In the early 1900’s, a casket manufacturer occupied the site. But in 1987, Theo DeGroen, brewmaster, opened the Baltimore Brewing Company, returning the site to its beer-infused history. In 1998, the City of Baltimore developed Brewer’s Park to commemorate the many breweries that were located in this neighborhood
Location. 39° 17.294′ N, 76° 36.263′ W. Marker is in Baltimore, Maryland. Marker is at the intersection of Lombard Street and South President Street on Lombard Street. Touch for map. The marker is on the property of the Fairfield Inn and Suites on a brick post near the front entrance doors. Marker is in this post office area: Baltimore MD 21202, United States of America.
Other nearby markers.
Categories. • Industry & Commerce • Politics •
Credits. This page was last revised on April 21, 2017. This page originally submitted on April 20, 2017, by Don Morfe of Baltimore, Maryland. This page has been viewed 317 times since then and 19 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on April 20, 2017, by Don Morfe of Baltimore, Maryland. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.