Bradenton in Manatee County, Florida — The American South (South Atlantic)
Palma Sola Community Church
This historic non-denominational church, first known as "The Church in the Wildwood" because of location, was established and constructed in 1886 when Asa Pillsbury, Sr. donated land for a church, cemetery and school to trustees A.T. Adams, J.A. Felts and John Flowers. The original wooden church, which was destroyed by fire in 1904, had a foundation of 12 x 12 timbers that washed ashore from shipwrecks in Tampa Bay, logs and lumber from the W.S. Warner family sawmill at Palma Sola Point. J.B. Rogers, an early pioneer of the area, built the present picturesque sanctuary in
Location. 27° 30.432′ N, 82° 38.886′ W. Marker is in Bradenton, Florida, in Manatee County. Marker is at the intersection of 9th Avenue Northwest and 86th Street Court Northwest, on the right when traveling west on 9th Avenue Northwest. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 8604 9th Ave Northwest, Bradenton FL 34209, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 5 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. DeSoto Trail (approx. 1.2 miles away); Palma Sola (approx. 1.9 miles away); Snead Island / Seventh Day Adventist School (approx. 2.3 miles away); Adams and Rogers Cemeteries (approx. 2.7 miles away); The Village of Cortez (approx. 3.7 miles away); Former Town of Fogartyville/Former Town of Wilhelmsenburg (approx. 3.8 miles away); The 'Old' Palmetto Cemetery (approx. 4.2 miles away); 9th Avenue West Bridge (approx. 4.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Bradenton.
Also see . . . Palma Sola Community Church. (Submitted on April 23, 2017.)
Categories. • Churches & Religion • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page was last revised on April 23, 2017. This page originally submitted on April 22, 2017, by Tim Fillmon of Webster, Florida. This page has been viewed 63 times since then. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on April 22, 2017, by Tim Fillmon of Webster, Florida. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.