Allen Park in Wayne County, Michigan — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
The Allen Park VA Medical Center
the men and women who served
in the armed forces
of the United States of America
the Allen Park VA Medical Center
The Allen Park VA Medical Center stood on this site from 1937 until 2002. The property on which the Medical Center stood was donated to the United States Government by Henry and Clara Ford. The Allen Park VA Medical Center, through its dedicated employees and volunteers, provided solace and healing to the veterans of Michigan.
Location. 42° 16.678′ N, 83° 12.96′ W. Marker is in Allen Park, Michigan, in Wayne County. Marker is at the intersection of West Outer Drive and Southfield Road, on the right when traveling west on West Outer Drive. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 23005 West Outer Drive, Allen Park MI 48101, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 2 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Aaron Greeley / St Cosme Line Road (was approx. one mile away but has been reported missing. ); Piccard Stratosphere Flight / William B. Stout School (approx. 1.1 miles away); Ford Airport / Ford Tri-Motor (approx. 1½ miles away); The Dearborn Inn / Colonial Homes and Adjacent Buildings Daggett Farmhouse (approx. 1.8 miles away); Noah Webster Home (approx. 1.9 miles away); Edison Homestead (approx. 1.9 miles away); Thomas Edison’s Menlo Park Office and Library (approx. 1.9 miles away).
Categories. • Science & Medicine •
Credits. This page was last revised on May 8, 2017. This page originally submitted on May 8, 2017, by Joel Seewald of Madison Heights, Michigan. This page has been viewed 95 times since then and 16 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on May 8, 2017, by Joel Seewald of Madison Heights, Michigan.