Brunswick River Mural
The Brunswick River mural celebrates 125 years of hard work and perseverance by citizens of our community in order to maintain and advance the City of Brunswick. Originally known to the Susquehannock Native Americans as a good area for fishing or hunting game, the Potomac River has always been an important part of growing up in Brunswick. Generations have camped along its banks and learned to swim in its waters or eaten of its bounty. Though Brunswick has made many changes through the years, the river is a constant reminder of the beauty of nature and our need to protect it.
Horine Building - Built 1910
The gentleman in the window is Dr. Arlington Grove Horine (1863-1956), owner and operator of Horine's Drug Store and Soda Fountain Shop. Until his passing, the friendly Dr. Horine could be found most days behind the counter serving ice cream to children of all ages.
Dr. Horine was a surgeon with the Baltimore and Ohio Railroad from 1891-1903 and Brunswick's mayor from 1906 thru 1914.
Artists: Jack Pabis and Anthony Owens
Erected 2015 by the City of Brunswick, Brunswick Main Street, Inc., and Concerned Citizens and Organizations.
Location. 39° 18.766′ Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 2 East Potomac Street, Brunswick MD 21716, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. From Dirt Path to Main Street (within shouting distance of this marker); The Baltimore & Ohio Railroad (within shouting distance of this marker); Veterans Memorial (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Train No. 286 Bell Memorial (about 300 feet away); Brunswick (about 300 feet away); One Time Rivals (about 400 feet away); M-5 "JEB Stuart" Tank (about 600 feet away); a different marker also named Brunswick (about 600 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Brunswick.
Categories. • Entertainment • Industry & Commerce • Science & Medicine • Waterways & Vessels •
Credits. This page was last revised on May 14, 2017. This page originally submitted on May 14, 2017, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 77 times since then. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on May 14, 2017, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.