Stevens Point in Portage County, Wisconsin — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
Stevens Point — Gateway to the Pineries
Erected 1972 by the Portage County Historical Society. (Marker Number 85.)
Location. 44° 31.41′ N, 89° 35.298′ W. Marker is in Stevens Point, Wisconsin, in Portage County. Marker can be reached from Crosby Avenue, on the left when traveling west. Touch for map. Marker is in Pfiffner Pioneer Park; east of the Wisconsin River, north of Clark Street. Marker is in this post office area: Stevens Point WI 54481, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 5 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Airborne Forces Memorial Bridge (about 500 feet away, measured in a direct line); Public Square (about 600 feet away); First Public Building Saint Peter Church War Memorial (approx. 0.4 miles away); Portage County Civil War Memorial (approx. 0.4 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Stevens Point.
More about this marker. This is a Wisconsin Registered Landmark – Number 85.
Also see . . . Roads Into the Pinery. Chapter from the 1959 book Our County Our Story by Malcolm Rosholt (Submitted on May 21, 2007.)
Categories. • Industry & Commerce •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on May 20, 2007, by Keith L of Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin. This page has been viewed 1,664 times since then and 31 times this year. Photos: 1. submitted on May 20, 2007, by Keith L of Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin. 2. submitted on May 21, 2007, by Keith L of Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin. • J. J. Prats was the editor who published this page.