Buffalo in Erie County, New York — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Sisters of Charity Hospital
— 1848-1876 —
— 1848-1876 —
First hospital in Buffalo.
Founded by John Timon, C.M.,
first Catholic Bishop
of Buffalo, and
the Sisters of Charity.
Erected 1961 by Cordova Caravan No. 26, Order of the Alhambra.
Location. 42° 53.798′ N, 78° 52.32′ W. Marker is in Buffalo, New York, in Erie County. Marker is at the intersection of Virginia Street and Virginia Street, on the right when traveling east on Virginia Street. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 20 St. Louis Place, Buffalo NY 14202, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Second Home of the Medical School (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); William Dorsheimer House (approx. 0.2 miles away); The Mansion on Delaware Avenue (approx. 0.2 miles away); Trinity Church (approx. 0.2 miles away); The Buffalo Club (approx. 0.2 miles away); Coit House (approx. ¼ mile away); From Buffalo...To the White House (approx. 0.3 miles away); Wilcox Mansion (approx. 0.4 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Buffalo.
Regarding Sisters of Charity Hospital. The
Also see . . . John Timon - Wikipedia. (Submitted on June 1, 2017, by Anton Schwarzmueller of Wilson, New York.)
Categories. • Charity & Public Work • Science & Medicine •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 2, 2017. This page originally submitted on June 1, 2017, by Anton Schwarzmueller of Wilson, New York. This page has been viewed 72 times since then. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on June 1, 2017, by Anton Schwarzmueller of Wilson, New York.