Near Atlanta in Fulton County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
Route of Stewart's Corps from Atlanta
Stewart’s Corps & the Militia (CS) marched via the McDonough Rd. (Capitol Ave.) – the former to Lovejoy’s Sta. (below Jonesboro) to rejoin Hardee, the latter to Griffin. Atlanta was surrendered to the Federals by Mayor Calhoun, Sept. 2d.
Erected 1956 by Georgia Historical Commission. (Marker Number 060-106.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Georgia Historical Society/Commission marker series.
Location. 33° 42.265′ N, 84° 21.16′ W. Marker is near Atlanta, Georgia, in Fulton County. Marker is on McDonough Boulevard 0.3 miles west of Henry Thomas Drive, on the left when traveling west. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Atlanta GA 30316, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 2 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Hardee's Night March (about 500 feet away, measured in a Hardee at Wm. Cobb’s House (approx. 1.2 miles away); Site: Cobb’s Mill (approx. 1.2 miles away); Hardee’s March Turned N.E. on Fayetteville Road (approx. 1.3 miles away); To Robert Burns (approx. 1.6 miles away); Hardee at Road Fork (approx. 1.7 miles away); Fort Walker (approx. 2 miles away); This Line of Breastworks (approx. 2.1 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Atlanta.
Categories. • War, US Civil •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on August 18, 2008, by Felch Dumas of Decatur, Georgia. This page has been viewed 850 times since then. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on August 18, 2008, by Felch Dumas of Decatur, Georgia. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page.