North Collins in Erie County, New York — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
First Congregational Church
Congregation organized by the
Rev. John Spencer, a journeying
minister, and John Stanclift on
June 11, 1817. This is the third
church building on this site.
Erected 1967 by North Collins Historical Society; Buffalo & Erie County Historical Society.
Location. 42° 35.926′ N, 78° 56.446′ W. Marker is in North Collins, New York, in Erie County. Marker is at the intersection of Gowanda State Road, aka: Main Street (U.S. 62 at milepost 9.8) and School Street, on the right when traveling north on Gowanda State Road, aka: Main Street. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 10385 Main Street, North Collins NY 14111, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 5 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Dedicated in Grateful Appreciation (approx. 0.4 miles away); Hicksite Quaker Meeting House (approx. 1½ miles away); The First Pioneers (approx. 1.8 miles away); Western New York (approx. 3.6 miles away); Town of Brant Memorial Park (approx. 4 miles away); In Memory of the Sons Town of Brant Honors (approx. 4 miles away); Col. Asa Warren (approx. 4.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in North Collins.
More about this marker. The figure at the top of the marker is the Buffalo History Museum.
Categories. • Churches, Etc. •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 10, 2017. This page originally submitted on June 10, 2017, by Anton Schwarzmueller of Wilson, New York. This page has been viewed 49 times since then. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on June 10, 2017, by Anton Schwarzmueller of Wilson, New York.