Veracruz in Municipality of Veracruz, Mexico — The Gulf Coast
The Mexican Naval Academy
Escuela Naval Militar de 1897 a
1952, fue testigo de la valentia,
la lealtad y el honor que
mostraron los cadetes, durante
la Gesta Heroica de Veracruz
el 21 de abril de 1914.
Naval Military Academy from 1897 to 1952,
and was witness to the bravery, loyalty and honor that
was shown by its cadets during the
“Heroic Stand” of April 21, 1914.
Location. 19° 11.976′ N, 96° 8.094′ W. Marker is in Veracruz, Veracruz, in Municipality of Veracruz. Marker can be reached from Calle Mariano Arista just from Avenida Valentín Goméz Farias. Touch for map. The marker is on the facade of the Mexican Naval Museum. The entrance to the museum is near the intersection of Mariano Arista and Goméz Farias. Marker is in this post office area: Veracruz 91700, Mexico.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Veracruz Memorial to the Fallen of Foreign Invasions (about 90 meters away, measured in a direct line); Lieutenant José Azueta (about 120 meters away); The Veracruz City Museum (about 180 meters away); Major General Álvaro Obregón The Portal de Miranda Building (approx. 0.3 kilometers away); 100th Anniversary of Firefighting in Veracruz (approx. 0.3 kilometers away); First Municipal Council in Mexico (approx. 0.4 kilometers away); Francisco Javier Clavijero Echegaray (approx. 0.4 kilometers away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Veracruz.
Regarding The Mexican Naval Academy. The "Heroic Stand" (Gesta Heróica) mentioned on the marker is a common way that Mexicans refer to the resistance to the US invasion of Veracruz on April 21, 1914 shown by the cadets of the then Mexican Naval Academy.
Categories. • Military •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 18, 2017. This page originally submitted on June 15, 2017, by J. Makali Bruton of Querétaro, Mexico. This page has been viewed 69 times since then and 6 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on June 15, 2017, by J. Makali Bruton of Querétaro, Mexico.