Newark in New Castle County, Delaware — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Ebenezer United Methodist Church
With the spread of suburban settlement during the decade of the 1950's, the congregation began to outgrow its facilities once again. Additional property was purchased in 1954, and a new Education Building was completed in 1964. Continued growth resulted in the construction of the present sanctuary in 1975-76. A Christian Life Center was subsequently completed in 1993. For a time the old frame church was utilized for Sunday School classes, and as a meeting place for the local Korean United Methodist congregation. After many years of service to the church and community, the building was demolished in 1998.
Erected 1999 by Delaware Public Archives. (Marker Number NC-104.)
Location. 39° 44.03′ N, 75° 43.027′ W. Marker is in Newark, Delaware Touch for map. Marker is in the church parking lot in front of the cemetery. Marker is in this post office area: Newark DE 19711, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 3 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Eastburn-Jeanes Mining Complex (approx. half a mile away); The Judge Morris Estate (approx. 2.1 miles away); a different marker also named Judge Morris Estate (approx. 2.2 miles away); The William Montgomery House (approx. 2.5 miles away); Robert Kirkwood, Jr. (approx. 2.6 miles away); Meeteer House (approx. 2.7 miles away); The Chambers House (approx. 2.8 miles away); Delcastle (approx. 3 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Newark.
Categories. • Cemeteries & Burial Sites • Churches, Etc. • Notable Buildings •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on August 18, 2008, by Bill Pfingsten of Bel Air, Maryland. This page has been viewed 1,560 times since then and 35 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on August 18, 2008, by Bill Pfingsten of Bel Air, Maryland.