Lockney in Floyd County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
The J. A. Baker Store
After frame building burned, this structure was erected 1914.
Erected 1971 by State Historical Survey Committee. (Marker Number 5361.)
Location. 34° 7.408′ N, 101° 26.508′ W. Marker is in Lockney, Texas, in Floyd County. Marker is at the intersection of Main Street and College Street, on the right when traveling south on Main Street. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 200 Main Street, Lockney TX 79241, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 12 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. First Methodist Church of Lockney (about 700 feet away, measured in a direct line); John Ellison Burns (about 700 feet away); First Baptist Church of Lockney Della Plain (approx. 7.8 miles away); Bellview Community and School (approx. 10 miles away); Commercial Hotel (approx. 11.3 miles away); Dolphin Ward Floyd (approx. 11.4 miles away); Organization of Floyd County (approx. 11.4 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Lockney.
Categories. • Industry & Commerce • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 21, 2017. This page originally submitted on June 21, 2017, by Bill Kirchner of Tucson, Arizona. This page has been viewed 92 times since then and 21 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on June 21, 2017, by Bill Kirchner of Tucson, Arizona.