Corozal Town, Corozal, Belize
Parish Oﬃce/Priestís Residence/Xavier College
Corozal Town Historical Walk
It survived Hurricane Janet in 1955 and underwent significant changes when Xavier College was opened in 1959, using one of its rooms as First Form. By 1967 the student population had increased so substantially that the whole building was being used as classrooms for students from First to Fourth Form. A new two storey board building was built next to the College to accommodate the resident priests, a parish office and an assembly room. With the closing of Xavier College to amalgamate with Fletcher's College and the opening of the Corozal Community College in 1978, the convent reverted back to what it was a century earlier, with the original classroom becoming the office of the local
Erected by National Institute of Culture and History (NICH). (Marker Number 4 of 7.)
Location. 18° 23.45′ N, 88° 23.165′ W. Marker is in Corozal Town, Corozal. Marker is on 1st Street South just south of 4th Avenue, on the left when traveling south. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Corozal Town, Corozal 7M11P L1XL6, Belize.
Other nearby markers. At least 7 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Schofield Residence (within shouting distance of this marker); Her Majesty's Prison (about 90 meters away, measured in a direct line); Corozal Town Hall (about 90 meters away); Felipe Santiago Ricalde (about 90 meters away); House of Culture/Public Market (about 120 meters away); Corozal Town Central Park (about 120 meters away); Fort Barlee (about 150 meters away).
Categories. • Charity & Public Work • Churches, Etc. • Education • Man-Made Features •
Credits. This page was last revised on July 4, 2017. This page originally submitted on July 4, 2017, by J. Makali Bruton of Querťtaro, Mexico. This page has been viewed 55 times since then. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on July 4, 2017, by J. Makali Bruton of Querťtaro, Mexico.