Near Crosbyton in Crosby County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
Two-Buckle Ranch Headquarters
Kentucky Cattle Raising Company
In 1901 the C.B. Livestock Company bought 90,000 acres of the land and used the established headquarters for its -N- Ranching and plains land development operations. A dipping vat was built in 1912 and was used by all area cattlemen to combat Texas cattle fever. Since the 1915 breakup of the C.B. Livestock Company, succeeding owners have continued to add to and preserve the original headquarters site. A barn, garage, concrete storage tank, as well as a dam across White River were added during the 1920s.
Over the years, this land has been home for a number of families who have contributed to Crosby County's ranching heritage. The Two Buckle Ranch Headquarters is a historic member of this early West Texas Industry.
Erected 1984 by Texas Historical Commission. (Marker Number 5583.)
Location. 33° 39.871′ Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Crosbyton TX 79322, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 4 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Texas Ranger Campsite (here, next to this marker); Old Dewey Lake (here, next to this marker); Main Supply Camp on Historic Mackenzie Trail (here, next to this marker); Crosbyton Cemetery (approx. 2 miles away); J. J. Pierce (approx. 2.1 miles away); Lamar Family (approx. 2.1 miles away); Crosby County (approx. 3.6 miles away); The Rock House (approx. 3.7 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Crosbyton.
Categories. • Agriculture • Animals •
Credits. This page was last revised on July 7, 2017. This page originally submitted on July 7, 2017, by Bill Kirchner of Tucson, Arizona. This page has been viewed 103 times since then and 30 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on July 7, 2017, by Bill Kirchner of Tucson, Arizona.
Editor’s want-list for this marker. Photos of the ranch headquarters as described in the marker. • Can you help?