Glenville in Schenectady County, New York — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
of 1000 Feet in Earth's
Surface Rocks. Here, In
1669, The Mohawks Ambushed
Their Algonkian Invaders
Erected 1935 by New York State Education Department.
Location. 42° 54.24′ N, 74° 4.45′ W. Marker is in Glenville, New York, in Schenectady County. Marker is at the intersection of Wolf Hollow Road and Hoffman's Hill Road, on the right when traveling north on Wolf Hollow Road. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Schenectady NY 12302, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 4 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. First Church in Glenville (approx. 0.6 miles away); Hoffmans Ferry (approx. 0.6 miles away); a different marker also named Wolf Hollow (approx. one mile away); Johnson Hall – 1763 (approx. 1.3 miles away); Jan Mabie House, 1670 (approx. 3.4 miles away); Jan Mabee House (approx. 3.4 miles away); Scotch Church Cemetery (approx. 3.8 miles away); Associate Church (approx. 3.8 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Glenville.
Also see . . . Geology of Wolf Hollow, Schenectady County, NY. (Submitted on July 7, 2017, by Howard C. Ohlhous of Duanesburg, New York.)
Categories. • Anthropology • Colonial Era • Native Americans •
Credits. This page was last revised on July 8, 2017. This page originally submitted on July 7, 2017, by Howard C. Ohlhous of Duanesburg, New York. This page has been viewed 109 times since then. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on July 7, 2017, by Howard C. Ohlhous of Duanesburg, New York. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.