Glenville in Schenectady County, New York — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Vedder Established A Ferry
Which Bore His Name Until
1835 When The Ferry Rights
Were Bought By J. Hoffman
Erected 1936 by New York State Education Department.
Location. 42° 53.729′ N, 74° 4.626′ W. Marker is in Glenville, New York, in Schenectady County. Marker is at the intersection of Mohawk Turnpike/Amsterdam Road (New York State Route 5) and Wolf Hollow Road, on the right when traveling west on Mohawk Turnpike/Amsterdam Road. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Schenectady NY 12302, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 4 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. First Church in Glenville (within shouting distance of this marker); Wolf Hollow (approx. 0.6 miles away); Johnson Hall – 1763 (approx. one mile away); a different marker also named Wolf Hollow (approx. 1.6 miles away); Jan Mabie House, 1670 (approx. 3.1 miles away); Jan Mabee House (approx. 3.1 miles away); Scotch Church Cemetery (approx. 3.4 miles away); Associate Church (approx. 3.4 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Glenville.
Additional keywords. Hoffman's
Categories. • Roads & Vehicles • Settlements & Settlers • Waterways & Vessels •
Credits. This page was last revised on July 8, 2017. This page originally submitted on July 7, 2017, by Howard C. Ohlhous of Duanesburg, New York. This page has been viewed 128 times since then. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on July 7, 2017, by Howard C. Ohlhous of Duanesburg, New York. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.