Crosbyton in Crosby County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
Young and Bexar Territories
Created • Organized
August 21, 1876 • September 20, 1986
Named in honor of
came to Texas in 1845
Commissioner of the General Land
County seat, Estacado, 1886
Crosbyton, since 1911
Erected 1936 by Texas Highway Department. (Marker Number 1114.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Texas 1936 Centennial Markers and Monuments marker series.
Location. 33° 39.58′ N, 101° 14.311′ W. Marker is in Crosbyton, Texas, in Crosby County. Marker is on West Main Street, on the right when traveling east. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 101 West Main Street, Crosbyton TX 79322, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 2 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. The Rock House (a few steps from this marker); Crosbyton (within shouting distance of this marker); Henry Clay Smith (within shouting distance of this marker); Work Building (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); Citizens National Bank Lamar Building (about 400 feet away); Crosby County Courthouse (about 500 feet away); J. J. Pierce (approx. 1.6 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Crosbyton.
Categories. • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page was last revised on July 8, 2017. This page originally submitted on July 8, 2017, by Bill Kirchner of Tucson, Arizona. This page has been viewed 89 times since then. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on July 8, 2017, by Bill Kirchner of Tucson, Arizona.