Crosbyton in Crosby County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
Citizens National Bank
In 1917, Citizens National Bank (est. 1905) purchased the property upon its move here from Emma, then county seat.
December 14, 1929, the two banks merged. A new bank building was erected over the original basement and part of the old foundation in 1952.
1965 stockholders and directors: R. A. Jefferies, Russell McCurdy, John Hughes, Leslie Mitchell, James C. Reed, John Brown.
Erected 1965 by State Historical Survey Committee. (Marker Number 868.)
Location. 33° 39.608′ N, 101° 14.377′ W. Marker is in Crosbyton, Texas, in Crosby County. Marker is at the intersection of West Main Street and North Berkshire Avenue, on the right when traveling west on West Main Street. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 202 West Main Street, Crosbyton TX 79322, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 2 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Henry Clay Smith (within shouting distance of this marker); Crosbyton (about 300 feet The Rock House (about 300 feet away); Crosby County (about 400 feet away); Lamar Building (about 400 feet away); Work Building (about 500 feet away); Crosby County Courthouse (about 600 feet away); J. J. Pierce (approx. 1.6 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Crosbyton.
Categories. • Industry & Commerce •
Credits. This page was last revised on July 8, 2017. This page originally submitted on July 8, 2017, by Bill Kirchner of Tucson, Arizona. This page has been viewed 70 times since then. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on July 8, 2017, by Bill Kirchner of Tucson, Arizona.