Crosbyton in Crosby County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
After fire in 1912, hotel rebuilt over original basement. It was razed in 1920s. A brick office and apartment building was erected by E. H. Hendricks in 1926; purchased 1944 by W. P. Lamar and renamed Lamar Building.
Lamar (1889-1946), farmer, businessman, was son of pioneer of Crosby County.
Erected 1967 by State Historical Survey Committee. (Marker Number 3015.)
Location. 33° 39.542′ N, 101° 14.374′ W. Marker is in Crosbyton, Texas, in Crosby County. Marker is at the intersection of South Berkshire Avenue and West Aspen Street, on the right when traveling south on South Berkshire Avenue. Touch for map. Marker is on the northwest corner. Marker is at or near this postal address: 126 South Berkshire Avenue, Crosbyton TX 79322, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 2 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Crosby County Courthouse (within shouting distance of this marker); Work Building (within shouting distance of this marker); The Rock House Henry Clay Smith (about 300 feet away); Crosbyton (about 300 feet away); Crosby County (about 400 feet away); Citizens National Bank (about 400 feet away); J. J. Pierce (approx. 1.6 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Crosbyton.
Categories. • Notable Buildings •
Credits. This page was last revised on July 8, 2017. This page originally submitted on July 8, 2017, by Bill Kirchner of Tucson, Arizona. This page has been viewed 150 times since then. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on July 8, 2017, by Bill Kirchner of Tucson, Arizona.