Haarlem, North Holland, Netherlands
May 8 1945 / 8 Mei 1945
Op deze datum hebben het Hastings en Prins Edward Regiment en het Koninklijk Canadese Infanterie Brigade, beiden als een onderdeel van de Eerste Canadese Infanterie Brigade, de overgave van het duitse bezettings leger aangenommen en vrijheid hersteld voor de burgers van Haarlem, IJmuiden en Zandvoort.
Presented by the Canadian Veterans on the 8 May 1995
Aangeboden door de Canadese Veteranen op 8 Mei 1995
Erected 1995 by The Canadian Veterans.
Location. 52° 22.878′ N, 4° 38.082′ E. Marker is in Haarlem, North Holland. Marker can be reached from the intersection of Grote Markt and Koningstraat. Touch for map. The marker is located in the first inner courtyard of the cityhall (Stadhuis), entered through the gate on the left side of the building (as one faces it standing in the Great
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Vishal / "Fish Hall" (about 120 meters away, measured in a direct line); Het Pietershuis (about 120 meters away); Hoofdwacht / Civic Guard Headquarters (about 120 meters away); Paterskerk (R.K.) / Church of Our Father (Roman Catholic) (about 150 meters away); Hofje 'In den Groenen Tuin' / Hofje "In the Green Garden" (about 180 meters away); Hofje van Oorschot (about 210 meters away); Site of Former Synagogue (approx. 0.3 kilometers away); Teylers Fundatiehuis / The Teyler Foundation House (approx. 0.3 kilometers away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Haarlem.
Categories. • War, World II •
Credits. This page was last revised on July 10, 2017. This page originally submitted on July 10, 2017, by Andrew Ruppenstein of Sacramento, California. This page has been viewed 70 times since then and 8 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on July 10, 2017, by Andrew Ruppenstein of Sacramento, California.