Concord in Merrimack County, New Hampshire — The American Northeast (New England)
New Hampshire’s First Meeting House
built – 1751
the first framed meeting house
where the New Hampshire Convention
ratified the Federal Constitution
thereby assuring its adoption
June 21, 1788
to the soldiers of this town who
took part in the War of the Revolution
Placed by Rumford Chapter – 1915
Daughters of the American Revolution
Replaced - 1962
Erected 1962 by Daughters of the American Revolution.
Marker series. This marker is included in the Daughters of the American Revolution marker series.
Location. 43° 12.879′ N, 71° 32.504′ W. Marker is in Concord, New Hampshire, in Merrimack County. Marker is at the intersection of Bouton Street and Church Street, on the right when traveling south on Bouton Street. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Concord NH 03301, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Walker School (a few steps from this marker); Franklin Pierce (about 500 feet away, measured in a direct line); Ratification of the Federal Constitution (approx. 0.2 miles away); The Pierce Manse Mary Baker Eddy House (approx. 0.3 miles away); New Hampshire's Presidential Primary (approx. half a mile away); State Capitol (approx. 0.6 miles away); John P. Hale (approx. 0.6 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Concord.
Categories. • Government •
Credits. This page was last revised on July 13, 2017. This page originally submitted on July 13, 2017, by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey. This page has been viewed 62 times since then. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on July 13, 2017, by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey.