Near Edom in Van Zandt County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
(Feb. 14, 1796 - Jan. 10, 1865)
Furnished food and supplies to Texas Revolutionary army and received a headright in Henderson County.
Married Phebe Parker.
Erected 1968 by State Historical Survey Committee. (Marker Number 11374.)
Location. 32° 21.312′ N, 95° 40.828′ W. Marker is near Edom, Texas, in Van Zandt County. Marker is on Farm to Market Road 2339 half a mile west of Farm to Market Road 4712, on the right when traveling west. Touch for map. Marker is within Asbury Cemetery. Despite the fact that it is a graveside historical marker, it's been mounted on a post near the front of the cemetery, next to the Asbury Cemetery marker. Marker is in this post office area: Murchison TX 75778, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 7 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Asbury Cemetery (here, next to this marker); Site of C.W. Morris Cotton Gin (approx. 4˝ miles away); Tidmore Cemetery (approx. 5.3 miles away); Site Of Old Normandy (approx. 5.4 miles away); Brownsboro Norwegian Lutheran Cemetery Ben Wheeler Community (approx. 6.4 miles away); Alamo Institute (approx. 6.4 miles away); Morgan G. Sanders (approx. 6.4 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Edom.
Regarding Adren Anglin. Adren Anglin is actually interred in the northwest corner of the cemetery.
Categories. • Cemeteries & Burial Sites • War, Texas Independence •
Credits. This page was last revised on July 17, 2017. This page originally submitted on July 14, 2017, by QuesterMark of Fort Worth, Texas. This page has been viewed 92 times since then and 38 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on July 14, 2017, by QuesterMark of Fort Worth, Texas. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.