Jackson in Hinds County, Mississippi — The American South (East South Central)
First M.E. Church South erected A.D. 1838.
Present building erected A.D. 1913-1915.
Dedicated to the memory of
Bishop Charles B. Galloway
Location. 32° 18.114′ N, 90° 10.953′ W. Marker is in Jackson, Mississippi, in Hinds County. Marker is on North Congress Street north of Yazoo Street, on the left when traveling north. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 305 Congress Street, Jackson MS 39201, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Galloway Memorial United Methodist Church (a few steps from this marker); Smith Park (within shouting distance of this marker); Monument to Women of the Confederacy (about 500 feet away, measured in a direct line); Jackson Municipal Library Sit-In (about 800 feet away); First Presbyterian Church (about 800 feet away); Greyhound Bus Station (approx. 0.2 miles away); U.S.S. Mississippi (approx. 0.2 miles away); Capitol Rally (approx. 0.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Jackson.
Also see . . .
1. Galloway, Bishop Charles Betts. (Submitted on July 15, 2017, by Tom Bosse of Jefferson City, Tennessee.)
2. Galloway United Methodist Church. (Submitted on July 17, 2017.)
Categories. • Churches & Religion •
Credits. This page was last revised on July 17, 2017. This page originally submitted on July 15, 2017, by Tom Bosse of Jefferson City, Tennessee. This page has been viewed 87 times since then and 18 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on July 15, 2017, by Tom Bosse of Jefferson City, Tennessee. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.