Evans in Erie County, New York — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
The Historic First Church of Evans
First Church of Evans.
Here, in 1818, Rev. John Spencer
organized the first house of
worship south and west of Buffalo,
in the Town of Evans. The present
colonial structure, with interior
copied after the original, was
erected in 1915.
Erected by Town of Evans Historical Society & First Church of Evans.
Location. 42° 40.995′ N, 79° 0.789′ W. Marker is in Evans, New York, in Erie County. Marker can be reached from Sturgeon Point Road 0.1 miles east of Erie Road (New York State Route 5), on the left when traveling east. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Derby NY 14047, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 4 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Aaron Salisbury (within shouting distance of this marker); Major William C. Dudley (approx. 2.1 miles away); Site of First Town Hall (approx. 2.3 miles away); Burial Site of Asa Ames / Pioneer Cemetery 1810-1928 (approx. 2.4 miles away); Site of "Bundy's Mill" (approx. 2.8 miles away); "Angola Horror" (approx. Graycliff (approx. 2.9 miles away); Birthplace of Willis Haviland Carrier (approx. 3.4 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Evans.
Categories. • Churches & Religion •
Credits. This page was last revised on July 16, 2017. This page originally submitted on July 16, 2017, by Anton Schwarzmueller of Wilson, New York. This page has been viewed 54 times since then and 16 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on July 16, 2017, by Anton Schwarzmueller of Wilson, New York.