Gerolzhofen in Kreis Schweinfurt, Bavaria, Germany — Southern Germany (Scarplands and Alpine Region)
Altes Rathaus / The Old City Hall
In 1461, Michael von Schwarzenberg deeded a house on the marketplace to the city, which in 1475 was made into a city hall. In 1585, a kitchen was added. In 1732 the building was renovated in the baroque style. In 1979 the city administration moved out, and the building is now the city museum.
Erected by Gerolzhofen Historical Society and the Dr. Ottmar Wolf Cultural Foundation.
Location. 49° 54.051′ N, 10° 20.974′ E. Marker is in Gerolzhofen, Bavaria, in Kreis Schweinfurt. Marker is at the intersection of Marktplatz and Spitalstrasse, on the right when traveling east on Marktplatz. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: Marktplatz 20, Gerolzhofen, Bavaria 97447, Germany.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Baroque Crucifixion Sculpture (within shouting distance of this marker); Parish Church (within shouting distance of this marker); Chapel of St. John The Beadle’s Tower (about 90 meters away, measured in a direct line); Catholic Rectory (about 90 meters away); Spital Gate (about 120 meters away); The Former Adminstrative Building (about 120 meters away); Prison Tower (about 150 meters away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Gerolzhofen.
Categories. • Notable Buildings •
Credits. This page was last revised on July 20, 2017. This page originally submitted on July 20, 2017, by Andrew Ruppenstein of Sacramento, California. This page has been viewed 55 times since then. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on July 20, 2017, by Andrew Ruppenstein of Sacramento, California.