Warren in Macomb County, Michigan — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
The Hoard House
Gurton Hoard built the original frame building as a hotel in 1889, since this area was a days buggy ride from the Utica area to Detroit. The house also served as the location of the first village meeting place. After Mr. Hoards death the house served many capacities — residence, boarding house, doctors office, and apartments.
Major additions and remodeling were done over the years with special attention to historical details.
In 1945, Lyle Gordon Elliott started the Lyle Elliott Funeral Home which his son Lyle Gran Elliott has continued to operate.
Erected 1997 by Warren Village Historic District Commission.
Location. 42° 31.612′ N, 83° 2.831′ W. Marker is in Warren, Michigan, in Macomb County. Marker is on Mound Road, on the right when traveling north. Touch for map. Marker is about 400 feet south of Chicago Road. Marker is at or near this postal address: 31730 Mound Road, Warren MI 48092, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. St. Paul United Church of Christ (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); The Flynn House (about 600 feet away); The Wilson-Bosh Home (about 600 feet Red Run Creek (about 600 feet away); The Joiner House 1895 (about 700 feet away); First Baptist Church of Warren (about 700 feet away); Warren Village Hall (about 800 feet away); a different marker also named Red Run Creek (approx. 0.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Warren.
Categories. • Notable Buildings •
Credits. This page was last revised on July 22, 2017. This page originally submitted on July 22, 2017, by Joel Seewald of Madison Heights, Michigan. This page has been viewed 101 times since then and 28 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on July 22, 2017, by Joel Seewald of Madison Heights, Michigan.