Warren in Macomb County, Michigan — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
This is the site of the old Grist Mill built by John and Dave Wilson in the late 1890's. In 1911 A.V. Church bought the Mill and later sold it to the Farm Bureau. In 1922 a group of Farm Bureau members organized the Co Operative Co. and the Warren Co-Op was born. Louis Bush served as President until June 1948 when John Rinke was named President serving until he retired in 1973.
Originally the Mill sold grain, flour, feed and coal, expanding in 1924 to sell home, farm and hardware items. The Co-Op closed it's doors in October 1995.
Erected 1999 by Warren Village Historic District Commission.
Location. 42° 31.475′ N, 83° 2.263′ W. Marker is in Warren, Michigan, in Macomb County. Marker is on Chicago Road, on the left when traveling east. Touch for map. Marker is 385 feet west of Denton Drive. Marker is at or near this postal address: 6709 Chicago Road, Warren MI 48092, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. The Claeys House (about 600 feet away, measured in a direct line); The Flynn House (approx. 0.4 miles away); Warren Village Hall (approx. 0.4 miles away); Red Run Red Run (approx. half a mile away); St. Paul United Church of Christ (approx. half a mile away); The Hoard House (approx. half a mile away); Red Run Creek (approx. 0.6 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Warren.
Categories. • Industry & Commerce •
Credits. This page was last revised on July 24, 2017. This page originally submitted on July 24, 2017, by Joel Seewald of Madison Heights, Michigan. This page has been viewed 87 times since then. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on July 24, 2017, by Joel Seewald of Madison Heights, Michigan.