Near Sheldon in Beaufort County, South Carolina — The American South (South Atlantic)
Church of Prince William's Parish
Built Between 1745-1755
Burned By the British Army 1779
Burned By the Federal Army 1865
Erected 1937 by Columbia Committee, South Carolina Society, Colonial Dames of America.
Location. 32° 37.113′ N, 80° 46.833′ W. Marker is near Sheldon, South Carolina, in Beaufort County. Marker can be reached from Old Sheldon Church Road north of Trask Parkway (U.S. 21), on the right when traveling north. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Yemassee SC 29945, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 6 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. William Bull (a few steps from this marker); Prince William's Parish Church (within shouting distance of this marker); Sheldon Union Academy (approx. 1.6 miles away); The Frampton Lines (approx. 5 miles away); " The Frampton Line " (approx. 5.4 miles away); Southern Live Oak Tree (approx. 5.4 miles away); The Battle of Pocotaligo (approx. 5.6 miles away); General Robert E. Lee (approx. 5.7 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Sheldon.
More about this marker. This marker is affixed
Categories. • Churches & Religion • Colonial Era • War, US Civil • War, US Revolutionary •
Credits. This page was last revised on July 26, 2017. This page originally submitted on July 25, 2017, by Dale K. Benington of Toledo, Ohio. This page has been viewed 66 times since then. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on July 26, 2017, by Dale K. Benington of Toledo, Ohio.