Warren in Macomb County, Michigan — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
Base Line Feed Store
The Abstract Deed for this property dates back to 1833 and the current building was constructed about 1877. Joseph Verheye bought the building in 1939 and started the "Base Line Feed Store" with ONE bag of corn.
Verheye introduced the first Purina Pigeon Chow to the State of Michigan in 1943.
The building is still in operation by the family.
Erected 1997 by Warren Historical Commission.
Location. 42° 27.068′ N, 83° 1.532′ W. Marker is in Warren, Michigan, in Macomb County. Marker is at the intersection of Van Dyke (State Highway 53) and Fisher Avenue, on the left when traveling north on Van Dyke. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 21015 Van Dyke, Warren MI 48091, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 5 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Arsenal Acres (approx. 1.7 miles away); Saint Clement Catholic Parish (approx. 2 miles away); Saint Clement Cemetery (approx. 2.1 miles away); The Behrns-Qualmann Farmhouse (approx. 2.2 miles away); The John Theisen House (approx. 2.3 miles away); Detroit Arsenal Tank Plant Warren Township District No. 4 School (approx. 4.1 miles away); Saint Florian Church / Saint Florian Historic District (approx. 4.3 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Warren.
Also see . . . Historic store seeks to continue 'feeding' local economy. An article in the local newspaper. (Submitted on July 26, 2017, by Joel Seewald of Madison Heights, Michigan.)
Categories. • Industry & Commerce •
Credits. This page was last revised on July 26, 2017. This page originally submitted on July 26, 2017. This page has been viewed 55 times since then and 10 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on July 26, 2017, by Joel Seewald of Madison Heights, Michigan.