Shawnee on Delaware in Monroe County, Pennsylvania — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Erected 1930 by The Pennsylvania Historical Commission, The Huguenot Society of Pennsylvania, The Monroe County Historical Society.
Location. 41° 0.717′ N, 75° 6.649′ W. Marker is in Shawnee on Delaware, Pennsylvania, in Monroe County. Marker is on River Road 0 miles south of Hollow Road, on the left when traveling north. Touch for map. Just North of Shawnee General Store behind white picket fence with small "Welcome" sign. Marker is at or near this postal address: 553 River Road, Shawnee on Delaware PA 18356, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 3 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Worthington Hall (within shouting distance of this marker); World Wars Memorial (within shouting Nicholas Depuy (approx. 0.2 miles away); Shawnee-Minisink Archaeological Site (approx. 1.8 miles away); Waring Drive (approx. 2½ miles away); John Philip Sousa (approx. 2½ miles away); War Memorial (approx. 2.6 miles away); Smithfield Church (approx. 2.6 miles away).
More about this marker. Marker is near site of grist mill that DuPuy built which stood until about 1903
Categories. • Colonial Era • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page was last revised on December 12, 2017. This page originally submitted on July 27, 2017, by Peter Sauvigne of Shawnee on Delaware, Pennsylvania, USA. This page has been viewed 130 times since then and 9 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on July 27, 2017, by Peter Sauvigne of Shawnee on Delaware, Pennsylvania, USA. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.