Harris Miller had this two storey building constructed in 1913. It began as three store fronts with four apartments on the second floor.
Over time Harris Miller, Henry Berman, Arthur Sharpe and the Estabrooks brothers operated clothing and footwear businesses. It was also home to Carter's Meat Market for a number of years. In recent years a variety of retail services have been located here.
Birchwood Holdings Ltd. acquired the building in 1988 and restored it to its original 1913 facade.
Erected 2000 by the Town of Sackville.
Location. 45° 53.744′ N, 64° 22.187′ W. Marker is in Sackville, New Brunswick, in Westmoreland County. Marker is on Main Street (New Brunswick Route 106) just south of Allison Avenue, on the left when traveling south. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 49-53 Main Street, Sackville, New Brunswick E4L 4A7, Canada.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. George F. G. Stanley (within shouting distance of this marker); The Ford Block (about 210 meters away, measured in a direct line); The Henderson Block (approx. 0.3 kilometers away); Copp Block (approx. 0.3 kilometers
Also see . . . Tantramar Historic Sites. (Submitted on August 1, 2017, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.)
Categories. • Notable Buildings •
Credits. This page was last revised on August 1, 2017. This page originally submitted on August 1, 2017, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 117 times since then and 10 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on August 1, 2017, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.